About Good Shepherd
Good Shepherd is striving to be an effective congregation for Jesus Christ in the new cultural context of the 21st century. We understand that it is the People of God, deployed and dispersed in their homes, neighborhoods, work places and communities who are the primary means of sharing Good News of Jesus and offering caring service in the community in his Name.
Our aspirations are summed up in this Statement of Purpose which also finds visual expression in the illustration that follows:
The People of God of the Church of the Good Shepherd desire to join with God in His redemptive mission in the world. We humbly and prayerfully seek His grace in this journey which honors Jesus Christ as the center of our communal, familial and individual lives.
We understand that our life together is shaped by these signs gathered from prayerful and guided discernment:
- We will grow in our discipleship and in our willingness to encourage others in their own discipleship of Jesus Christ.
- We offer our lives as active partners in God's mission remembering that we are people blessed with an amazing array of gifts and abilities to bless others.
- We seek out those who are lost or left out for caring service and to hear Good News of Jesus, the Good Shepherd.
- We stand on an Anglican heritage and traditions that guide and shape our common life, ministry and mission for today.
- We sustain children and young people and their families, and those of every generation, striving together to know, love and serve our Lord Jesus.